- The Service. The service allows users to book bus trips for organized events such as music festivals, sports games, concerts, conferences, and other similar events. We work with event organizers to arrange shared transportation to and from such events. Users can log in to the Website select their event, and their pickup and drop off location, and purchase a ticket for bus transportation to the event. We also provide a mobile application which will store the tickets you have purchase, and allows you to see where the bus is in relation to your location (the “Service”).
- Booking a Trip. Once you have registered for an account, you may book trips posted on our Website. If you would like to book a trip on our Website, you may do so by selecting the applicable trip and providing us with your name, email address, phone number and payment information. Trips are not guaranteed unless the minimum threshold number of ticket sales indicated is achieved prior to the deadline indicated.
- Starting a Trip. From time to time we offer a feature of the service that permits you to organize a trip not yet posted on the Website If you would like to book a trip that is not posted on the Website, you can place a request with us to post the trip on our Website using the “Start a Trip’ feature and providing us with the information requested pertaining to such trip. We have the sole discretion to determine which trips we post on our Website, and we make no guarantee that we will post the trip you request on our Website. If we choose to post the trip you request on our Website, we will notify you by email and you can proceed to booking the trip (see further, ‘Booking a Trip’).
- User Conduct Terms and Guidelines. In using the Services you agree that you will:
- Provide accurate information when registering and keep such information up to date;
- Treat the bus driver, the event staff, other passengers, and any other users of the Services a with whom you interact with respect and not engage in any conduct which is threatening, violent, discriminatory, hateful, disruptive, offensive, obscene, harassing or otherwise harmful to other users, third parties or the public. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Services and take appropriate legal action if you are in breach of these requirements or the restrictions in Section 10 below;
- act honestly and in good faith and in a manner that will not harm the goodwill or reputation of Share the Bus; and
- comply with these terms and all applicable laws and regulations at all time during Engagements and during other dealings with Share the Bus.
- Service Refusal; Removal from Bus. By purchasing a ticket you hereby covenant not to treat the bus driver and any other passengers on the bus with courtesy and respect. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, and reserve the right for our drivers, in their sole discretion, to refuse to allow you on the bus or to remove you from the bus if you: (i) are engage in harassing, discriminatory, violent, hateful, offensive, obscene or otherwise harmful behavior, including without limitation, any physical acts of violence and/or verbal threats; (ii) smoking on the bus; (iii) you don’t have a valid ticket; or (iv) you are intoxicated or otherwise under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (v) for any other reason that the driver or the Share the Bus personnel or representatives deem to be reasonably necessary to protect the safety of the other passengers, the driver, the event staff personnel, and any other third party; or (vi) carrying/possession illegal, restricted, or harmful substances or goods, including without limitation, narcotics, firearms and other weapons
- Cancellations and Refunds. SharetheBus offers the following refund policy for tickets:
- 100% money back up to 14 days before the day of the trip
- 50% money back if you request a refund between 13-3 days before the trip
- No refunds for requests made two days or less before the start of a trip.
Service fees charged by our payment processor may not be refundable in any circumstances.
- Exchanges. Exchanges are only available on a case-by-case basis, and are subject to availability. If there is no available seat on the trip that you wish to exchange your ticket for, we will not be able to process an exchange.
- Content. All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Website by viewers or users whether in forums or otherwise (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of such viewers or users. This means that the viewer or user, and not Share the Bus, are entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Service. Share the Bus does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Users acknowledge that by using the Service, they may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Share the Bus be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any materials or any defects or errors in any printing or manufacturing, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
In using the Website and/or Service You shall not:
- copy any content unless expressly permitted to do so herein;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- is or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Website or that of any users or viewers of the Website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that You know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted to or through the Website or impersonate another person or organization;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or viewers;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Website; or
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Website, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law.
You also agree not to access the Website in a manner that utilizes the resources of the Website more heavily than would be the case for an individual person using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, operators of public search engines may use spiders or other bots for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials on this Website.
- License of Content. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Service, you grant us (and our agents) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, transmit, display and distribute such User Content. Share the Bus will not be responsible or liable for any use of User Content in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
- End User License. Except for User Content, this Website, and the information and materials that it contains, are the property of Share the Bus and its licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Share the Bus grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to use the Website for your use (the “License”). Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the Share the Bus names, trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent. You shall not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules or restrictions on the Website. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Website shall be subject to the terms of these Terms.
- Feedback. If You provide Share the Bus with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website and/or Service ("Feedback"), Share the Bus may use such Feedback in the Website or in any other Share the Bus products or services (collectively, "Share the Bus Offerings"). Accordingly, You agree that: (a) Share the Bus is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to Share the Bus, (c) Share the Bus (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the Share the Bus Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any Share the Bus Offerings, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from Share the Bus or any of the other users of the Website in respect of the Feedback.
- Advertising. You acknowledge and agree that the Website may contain advertisements. If You elect to have any business dealings with anyone whose products or services may be advertised on the Website, You acknowledge and agree that such dealings are solely between You and such advertiser and You further acknowledge and agree that Share the Bus shall not have any responsibility or liability for any losses or damages that You may incur as a result of any such dealings. You shall be responsible for obtaining access to the Website and acknowledge that such access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider access or data fees). You shall be solely responsible for any such fees and also for obtaining any equipment that is required to access the Website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether any information or materials downloaded from the Website are free of viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, or other items of a potentially destructive nature.
Links & Third-Party Websites. This Website (including User Content) may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Share the Bus, including websites connected to events for which we provide transportation services. In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by us of that third party, third party product or service. Share the Bus is also not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the Website are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence on the Website of a link to any other website(s) does not imply that Share the Bus endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and You hereby release Share the Bus from all liability and/damages that may arise from Your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites.
- DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS. THE WEBSITE, SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." SHARE THE BUS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL. SHARE THE BUS DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, AND SHARE THE BUS SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY. SHARE THE BUS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF CONTENT EXCHANGED BY MEANS OF THE SERVICE OR FOR ANY INTERACTIONS OR TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN USERS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SHARE THE BUS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE; (V), ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY OTHER FILES OR DATA THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT OR DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, (VI) YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER PASSENGERS OR THE DRIVER (VII) ANY LOSS THAT YOU EXPERIENCE OR COSTS OR EXPENSES THAT YOU INCUR, AS A RESULT OF BEING REFUSED BUS SERVICE OR BEING REMOVED FROM A BUS; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF SHARE THE BUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SHARE THE BUS’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID SHARE THE BUS IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
- Release. Because Share the Bus does not supervise or control interactions between Users, and because Share the Bus does not screen or monitor the events, or trips,, and because Share the Bus cannot guarantee the true identity, age, or nationality of Users, and because Share the Bus has very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Website and/or App, You agree that You bear all risk and you agree to release Share the Bus (and their officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with Your use of the Website and App, Your third party transactions and in connection with Share the Bus resolution of any disputes between Users. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver
- Availability & Updates. Share the Bus may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Website at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The Website may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. Share the Bus may periodically add or update the information and materials on this Website without notice.
- Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and Share the Bus cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. Share the Bus will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the Website or Service, please contact us at: email@example.com
Effective Date: October 4, 2016